Written in a tremendous tear.
Thanks a million Ellie for having nominated me to this Liebster Award: to tell the truth I don’t really understand these award things, but I’ll follow your instructions before finally flying off for a short (but well-deserved holiday).
Ellie’s at https://welshshortbread.wordpress.com
Here’s how it works:
Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
Lastly, COPY these rules in your post.
Here are my eleven answers:
- What is your favourite ice-cream flavour? It’s pistachio, ever since I was a child I loved the green colour, and later when I discovered Mediterranean pastries, pistachio took on an even more exotic taste for me
- Would you rather live in the city or the country? I’ve lived in cities my whole life and have always thought I could never go out somewhere in the boondocks. But now, with smog and traffic and crowds on the downside, the upside of fresh breezes, lovely landscapes and … WiFi to stay connected have got me thinking..
- If you could study anything for free, what would you study? Subjects connected to nature, biology, the nature of the universe. Actually, there are lots of excellent online courses out there for free, and I’ve done quite a few
- What’s the most listened-to song on your iPod/music device? Music’s distracting on the go, but ok to pass the time in traffic jams: 60s stuff generally. At home music ranges from Bob Dylan to fusion to Wagner… and everything in between.
- Why did you start blogging? As a challenge to start writing on a regular basis, and testing the waters to see if I really want/can do it. I’m still experimenting, and the lovely surprise is the “relationship” I’ve developed with a number of bloggers, some new like me, others experienced and incredibly talented, who generously do me the honour of reading and commenting my posts.
- Where do you see yourself in five years’ time? Working (very) part time in language training, hopefully with teenagers, and having written a couple of novels 🙂
- What is your Achilles’ Heel? Laziness: it’s uphill to keep to a proper exercise routine, not to mention weekly blogging!
- What’s your favourite film? Too hard to answer, so very many, from thrillers to action to comedies. Anything to give my mind a break from everyday job and stress. I actually enjoyed “Divergent” a lot, to the horror of most of my peers. I have a thing about Chicago.
- If you could change one thing about your appearance, what would it be? Just a couple of centimeters taller? Although top quality usually comes in small packages
- Is there a film you’ve been meaning to see, or a book you’ve been meaning to read? “The light we cannot see” Anthony Doer. Supposed to help me see the positive side of Rome.
- What’s the future you envision for your blog? I hope to slowly but surely find my more authentic “voice” (?), understand what my readers hope to find and what they enjoy most, and (obviously) grow my readership little by little. Possibly with readers of all ages and places. I’m aiming at learning some photography, to use more of my own pictures with my posts.
Here are my 5 nominees:
Ramblings of a confused teenager
Homesteading on 4D Acres
The Mrs Z Files
Here are my own questions:
- What is your special lucky item?
- Do you like living in your country?
- If you could study anything for free, what would you study?
- What’s your favourite food for celebrations?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Where do you see yourself in five years’ time?
- What is your Achilles’ Heel?
- What’s your dream vacation?
- If you had lots of money, what NGOs would you choose to donate to?
- Is there a film you’ve been meaning to see, or a book you’ve been meaning to read?
- What’s the future you envision for your blog?
I thinks that wraps it up.
Travelling without a device 🙂 so I might be offline till the end of the month…